Terms & Conditions
- We are open every day between 09:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 to 18:00, except Wednesdays and Sundays when we are open from 9:00 – 12:00
- Out of hours drop-off and collection can be arranged and are by prior arrangement only
- Viewings are available Monday to Saturday – please call to arrange a mutually convenient time or pop in during opening hours
- All drop offs and collections will be by appointment only and will be arranged at the time of booking. Please ensure you are on time to enable us to take the necessary safety precautions to help protect you and other clients
- To minimise contact whilst dropping off or collecting your cat(s), you will be emailed a booking form to complete. You must return this by email prior to the start date of your booking (see Booking and Payment below)
Deposit, Pricing Structure and Cancellations
- Charges are by the day so the day of arrival, day of departure and all days booked are charged for, regardless of arrival/departure time
- A 25% (minimum £15) non-refundable and non-transferable deposit will be charged to secure your booking unless the arrival date is within the next 14 days, in which case full payment is required immediately
- Our prices are £15.00 per day for one cat and £24 per day for two cats sharing a single chalet. Please call us to discuss further multiple cat discounts and long-stay discounts
- 25th, 26th December and 1st January are charged at double rate
- The minimum stay charge is 3 days
- We do offer a local collection/delivery service so please contact us for rates
- Please note we must have a minimum of 14 day’s notice if you want to cancel or amend the booking in way, otherwise the full amount will still be payable
- If you collect your cat before the end of the booked period, the full cost of the original booked stay will still apply
- Payment of the deposit constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions with or without a completed booking form
- Deposits remain non-refundable but if you must cancel a booking due to COVID-19, you may re-book and transfer the deposit from the cancelled stay. Any new booking must be completed no later than 31st December 2020
- Deposits may not be transferred to any other existing booking and can only be used against a new booking in 2020
- These changes will only reflect bookings for 2020
Booking and Payment
- You will be emailed a booking form prior to the arrival date of your cat – please complete this and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We regret that we are currently unable to take card payments and ask that you pay any deposits and settle your account on the day of arrival by bank transfer to the following Starling Bank account: –
- Account name: The Bluecat Cattery Ltd
- Sort code: 60-83-71
- Account number: 26717182
What to Bring
All cats must be brought in a suitable carry case and you MUST bring your cat’s vaccination card on the day of arrival.
You are welcome to bring a bed/blanket/item of clothing/favourite toys although all of these are provided. No liability is taken for loss or damage to any items you bring from home.
Please remove your cat’s collar before they come on holiday for safety reasons.
If you would like us to groom your cat, please bring their brush.
- Due to Covid-19, we politely request that you limit the number of items you bring with you to one bed OR blanket per cat plus their carrier(s) and a brush for grooming if required
- All items brought from home will be wiped over with pet safe disinfectant wipes upon arrival and prior to departure
Arrivals and Departures
- We politely request that only one person gets out of the car
- Please wear a face mask when you get out of the car. If you do not have one, these can be provided for you
- To comply with social distancing, we are currently unable to allow any clients to enter the cattery. We recognise that this can be very upsetting for you so please do talk to us if you are concerned
- We have a temporary area in the car park where we will meet you and the handover will take place
- When your cat enters or leaves the cattery, they will be wiped over with a pet safe wipe. These pose no risk to the cats and will ensure safety for you and us
Regrettably, we are unable to provide prescription diets so, if your cat is on a specific diet, please ensure you bring sufficient food with you for the duration of your cat’s stay
Health and Non-collection of Pets
Your cat must be in a fit and healthy condition with no fleas or worms prior to boarding and must have had their vaccinations – you MUST bring vaccination cards with you. In the event your pet shows any sign of illness, we will attempt to call you, or your emergency contact immediately to discuss the situation. If necessary, we will take your cat to our vet (you will be liable for all charges). This amount will be payable by you when you collect your cat. There is a minimum charge of £20 to transport your cat to the vet to cover travel costs and time.
We accept no liability in the unlikely event your pet becomes ill, lost or dies during their stay. All pets are left entirely at the owner’s risk. If pets are not collected within 5 days of the departure date and no communication is received from the owner, a decision to re-home your pet will be made at the cattery owner’s discretion. The full amount will still be payable.
By signing the booking form, you are consenting to The Bluecat Cattery Ltd storing and processing your data to facilitate your cat’s stay here. We will only use your data to process your bookings or to communicate with you about current or future booking activity and we will not share your data with any third party unless veterinary treatment is required, in which case it will be necessary to share your information with the appointed veterinary practice. We are legally obliged under current legislation to retain your data for three years from your last booking, at which point your details will be securely shredded. Information will be held securely in line with the DPA 98 and GDPR legislation and you have a right to view any information we hold on you.
The Bluecat Cattery Ltd has CCTV in place for security which is overwritten on a continuous basis. We will not share this footage outside the business, unless required to do so for the prevention or detection of crime.